- City Administration
- Stations and Apparatus
- Announcements, News & Events
- Recruitment and Membership
- Public Education
- Fire Prevention
- Public Services
- Staff Directory
- Hours of Operation
- Nature Park & Shelter Reservations
- Park Directory
- Parks and Recreation Programs
- World of Golf
- Florence Family Aquatic Center
- Trail System
- Skate Park
- Pooch Festival Registration
- Pooch Festival Booth Registration Form
- Halloween Night Out Sponsor Form
- Halloween Night Out Spooky Station Form
- Safe Sitter Registration Form
- Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony Holiday Sponsor Form
- Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony Holiday Station Form
- Memorial Day Parade Form
- Memorial Day Military Display Form
- Aquatic Center Membership Daily Admission Appeal Form
- Independence Day Food Booth Form
- Make a Comment?
Senior Citizen Programs
Remembering When ™
In the U.S. and Canada, adults age 65 and older make up about 12 percent of the population – and their numbers are increasing. At age 65, an older adult is twice as likely to be killed or injured by fire or fall compared to the population at large. Thirty percent of people age 65 and older are involved in falls each year, the leading cause of death from unintentional injury in the home.
Remembering When, A Fire and Fall Prevention Program for Older Adults, was developed by the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to help older adults live safely at home for as long as possible. Remembering When is centered on 16 key safety messages ; eight fire prevention and eight fall prevention. These safety messages were developed by experts from national and local safety organizations as well as through focus group testing in high-fire-risk states.
Florence Fire/EMS Department offers this video and discussion based program to the local senior population through group presentations. Fire/EMS personnel will present this program at local senior living facilities, churches and community centers.
Contact the department at (859) 647-5660 for more details or to schedule a presentation.