- City Administration
- Public Services
- Staff Directory
- Hours of Operation
- Nature Park & Shelter Reservations
- Park Directory
- Parks and Recreation Programs
- World of Golf
- Florence Family Aquatic Center
- Trail System
- Skate Park
- Pooch Festival Registration
- Pooch Festival Booth Registration Form
- Halloween Night Out Spooky Station Form
- Halloween Night Out Sponsor Form
- Safe Sitter Registration Form
- Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony Holiday Sponsor Form
- Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony Holiday Station Form
- Memorial Day Parade Form
- Memorial Day Military Display Form
- Aquatic Center Membership Daily Admission Appeal Form
- Independence Day Food Booth Form
- Make a Comment?
Florence Family Aquatic Center
The Florence Family Aquatic Center is located off of Ky. 18 (Burlington Pike) at 8200 Ewing Blvd., on the campus of the Florence Government Center. For more information regarding call Aquatic Center at (859) 647-4619.
This premier facility contains a lazy river, competition pool, zero depth area, two spray grounds, a spiral and a speed slides, sunbathing areas, shelters, funbrellas, bathhouse (including family restrooms) and concessions area. A paved path surrounds the outside of the facility. It is located at the south end of the Florence Government Center complex. There is additional parking at the north end of the Government Center. Membership is available for Florence residents and non-residents. There is a charge for daily admission to enter the facility. Swim lessons are offered for an additional charge.
The aquatic center is managed by SwimSafe Pool Management, Inc. who hires pool staff. Positions available are lifeguards, head lifeguard, front desk staff, front desk supervisor, assistant pool manager and pool manager.
Pool Employment Applications are available in the lobby of the Florence Government Center.
Gift cards are available in amounts of $25 and may be used for admission, programs (lessons), rentals (shelter/locker) & concessions. Purchase at Finance Department until May 25, 2016 then at the aquatic center.
Join us as we celebrate the holidays at the aquatic center with music, games and entertainment
Memorial Day - Monday, May 30
Fourth of July - Monday, July 4
End of Season Splash - Sunday, August 7
The City of Florence has contracts with a concession company, to be determined, to provide concessions during pool hours.
The concessions are provided by a private concessionaire, to be determined, contracts with the City of Florence. The company serves fresh cooked food, snacks and cold refreshing beverages all reasonably priced. Concessions are open during pool hours and for swim and dive meets. Consider scheduling your next birthday party by reserving a shelter and ordering from the party menu! No outside food permitted in the concession area. See the concession menu for more information.
-Node not found, check the node id you entered- are available in the lobby of the Florence Government Center.
Sold until July 31st
FLORENCE RESIDENT FAMILY $235
FLORENCE RESIDENT SINGLE FAMILY $188
FLORENCE RESIDENT SINGLE $135
FLORENCE RESIDENT JUNIOR $110
FLORENCE RESIDENT SENIOR $85
NON-RESIDENT FAMILY $385
NON-RESIDENT SINGLE FAMILY $335
NON-RESIDENT SINGLE $210
NON-RESIDENT JUNIOR $185
NON-RESIDENT SENIOR $120
CITY OF FLORENCE BUSINESS
BUSINESS FAMILY $310
BUSINESS SINGLE FAMILY $260
BUSINESS SINGLE $175
Resident – Resides within the city limits. Photo ID, tax form, or utility bill required showing street address.
Family – Two adults and family members under the age of 21 living in the household. School document verifying child's name & address required.
Single Family – One adult and one child under the age of 13 living in the household. School document verifying child's name & address required.
Junior – anyone between 13-18 years of age.
Senior – anyone 65 years of age or older.
Guests – must pay non-resident admission of they are not a city resident.
Child – anyone between 3-12 years of age.
Business - To qualify for a business rate you must own a business or work for a business within the Florence city limits. Pay Stub required for ID.
Submit the form to the City’s Finance Department until May 25 and thereafter at the Aquatic Center. Photos for membership cards will be taken at the Aquatic Center beginning May 25.
FLORENCE RESIDENT MILITARY PERSONNEL $5*
FLORENCE RESIDENT ADULT $7
FLORENCE RESIDENT SENIOR $5
FLORENCE RESIDENT CHILD (3-15yrs) $5
FLORENCE RESIDENT CHILD (0-2 yrs.) FREE
FLORENCE BUSINESS ADULT $7
FLORENCE BUSINESS SENIOR $5
FLORENCE BUSINESS CHILD (3-15yrs) $5
*Must show proof or working at or owning a business in Florence.
NON-RESIDENT MILITARY PERSONNEL $7*
NON-RESIDENT ADULT $10
NON-RESIDENT SENIOR $7
NON-RESIDENT CHILD (3-15yrs) $7
NON-RESIDENT CHILD (0-2 yrs.) FREE
KEEP YOUR RECEIPT!!
*Military Personnel: Must be active in the military. Family members do not qualify
Group $7/adult $5/child
Minimum of 20 per Group.
Must be purchased in advance. No credits or refunds.
Summer Youth Programs Child $5 Adult $7
No minimum required.
Applies to organized day camps, church camps or athletic camps.
Must request on camp letterhead the day and number attending. Passes mey be purchased in advance of scheduled outing.
No credits or refunds.
NO REFUNDS PROVIDED FOR INCLEMENT WEATHER
EQUIPMENT FAILURE OR CLOSURE FOR FECAL CONTAMINATION
HOURS OF OPERATIONS
Hours of Operation:
May 28 - August 7, 2016
Sundays—Saturdays 11:00 am—7:00 pm
The competition/lap pool will be closed to the public at 4:00 pm for all home
dive and swim meets—TBA. Normal hours of operation will be in effect for other pools.
Swim Lessons: 2-week sessions for ½ hour Mondays – Thursdays
Fee: $40 Aquatic Center Members $60 Non-Members
2016 Swim Lessons
Session #1 June 6 - June 16, 2016
Session #2 June 20 - June 30, 2016
Session #3 July 11 - July 21, 2016
Session #4 July 25 - August 4, 2016
|Day Classes||Evening Classes|
GENERAL FACILITY POLICES
* NO COOLERS permitted in the facility. NO outside food or drinks are allowed in the facility. Food or drink permitted in authorized areas only. Do not leave belongings at concession tables. Concession tables are for eating and drinking.
* Infants and toddlers are required to wear rubber pants over swim diapers. Swim diapers must be worn due to The Center for Disease Control recommendations.
* NO Smoking within the facility. If you leave to smoke be sure to have your hand stamped to return at no charge.
* Children 12 & under must be with a responsible person 16 years or older.
* Proper swim attire required (no cut off shorts, jeans, etc) unless prohibited by religious beliefs.
* NO running and NO horseplay.
* Spitting, spouting of water, blowing the nose, or otherwise introducing contaminants into the facility water is not permitted.
* Diving in shallow water is not permitted.
* Caution shall be exercised in the use of diving boards.
* Admission to the facility is refused to all persons having any contagious disease, infectious conditions, & open wounds.
* Animals are not permitted in the facility area unless assigned to assist sight-impaired individuals.
* Flotation devices permitted, however, a parent/guardian must supervise within an arms reach of their children.
* City is not responsible for lost or stolen articles.
The City has the right to close the pool in the event of severe weather with no refunds due to the patron. The facility may close if the air temperature is 68 degrees or below, or at the discretion of the manager based on inclement weather or because of a fecal accident. Please call 647-4619 or 647-5439 if you have any doubt about the facility being open. The facility may also be closed per the Northern Kentucky Health Department for health related issues.
When a thunder and/or lightning are first noticed the pool will be evacuated until thirty minutes after the last thunder is heard. If lightning occurs again within the first thirty minutes, another thirty minute time limit goes into effect.
Lockers are available in the lobby for a fee of $2.00. A $5 deposit is required. When the key is returned, you will receive your $5 deposit back.
Florence Aquatic Center Diving
DIVING BOARD RULES
* To use the diving board one must be able to swim.
* Only one person shall be on one board at a time. The next person in line shall wait in line on the pool deck, not the ladder. Since there are two boards, take turns alternating use of diving boards.
* Wait for proceeding person to reach the side before jumping.
* Only one bounce may be taken on the diving board before entering the water.
* Do not run on your approach to the end of the board.
* Jump straight off the board, not toward the side.
* Exit the water immediately using the ladder closest to the board from which you jumped.
* Parents are not permitted in the diving well to “catch” their child.
SPRAY GROUND RULES
* Children up to 45" tall may play on the spray ground features (pirate ship, star fish and sea horse).
* Must be under direct supervision of an adult or approved caregiver.
* The tumble bucket area is available for all ages.
* NO diving or jumping from play equipment.
* NO food or drink permitted in the area.
GENERAL SLIDE RULES
* Do not use the railing to push off. Ask the lifeguard for assistance.
* Wait at top of stairs until preceding person swims to the ladder. The guard will indicate when it is safe to begin.
* Only one rider at a time. No doubles, trains or chains.
* Ride the slide from a prone position with your hands behind your head.
* Keep arms and legs inside flume.
* Do not stop on slide.
* Exit immediately to ladder closest to slide used.
* The use of tubes, lifejackets, floatation devices, goggles, masks, sunglasses, fins, suits with zippers, etc. is not permitted on slide.
* Do not enter Lazy River from slide pool.
* Pregnant women and people with a heart or back condition should not ride the slide.
* Failure to follow slide rules can result in serious injury to yourself and others as well as loss of your privilege to use the slide.
Red Slide Rules
* Must be 60" tall and able to swim to ride the red slide. Weight limit is 200 pounds.
* To ride red slide: Place hands behind head. Keep elbows over chest. Chin should touch your chest. Keep legs crossed at ankles. Do not sit up while going down. Do not rest head on slide. Injury may result from not following the rules.
*Ride at your own risk.
*Failure to follow slide rules may result in dismissal from the facility.
* Enter and exit from tube area only.
* Must wait for instruction from lifeguard before starting.
* Riders must use tubes provided. Two sizes are available
* Parents with young children may ride in tubes together. Otherwise only one rider per tube; no doubles, trains or chains.
* Riders must stay in tube.
* NO stopping at anytime.
* NO grabbing sides of Waterfall.
* One time around then exit immediately.
* Place tubes in container/holder after use.
* Must use tubes provided.
From Points South of Florence on Interstate 75 (I-75):
Take the Florence/Union Exit (Number 180), to US 42. Turn Right onto US 42, and then Left onto Ewing Boulevard. At the first light on Ewing Boulevard turn right into the Florence Government Center and the Aquatic Center will be on the Right.
From Points North of Florence on Interstate 75 (I-75):
Take the Florence/Burlington KY-18 Exit (Number 181), to KY 18. Turn Left onto KY 18. At the third light turn Right onto Ewing Blvd. At the stop light light turn Left, into the Florence Government Center and th eAquatic Center will be on the Right.
The Florence Hammerheads compete in the Northern Kentucky Swim League (NKSL) as swimmers and divers.
There are (3) three requirements. Members must be:
1) A member of the Florence Family Aquatic Center
2) A Northern Kentucky resident
3) Able to swim the length of a 25 meter pool
Program is open to youth up to age 18. New members must provide a Birth certificate with the registration form. Season begins June 2 to July 31 and includes All-Star and Championship meets. Call President Sean Knollman at (859) 816-9526 for more information. Parent meeting is Tuesday, May 3, 2016 at 7:00 pm at the Florence Government Center. All new members should attend. New swimmers will be assessed on their skills before practices begin.
The Florence Hammerheads are swimmers and divers who
participate in the Northern Kentucky Swim League
(NKSL). Any Florence youth resident up to age 18 is invited to join. You
must be a member of the pool, reside in Northern Kentucky and be able to
swim the length of a 25 meter pool to qualify.Parent Board needs volunteers to work the meets and support the program. Call (859) 647-4619 for more information.
The Hammerheads swim team placed 1st in the NKSL in 2015 Championship Swim Meet for the 6th consecutive year! Join the team as they attempt to retain their Championship title in 2016.
Swim: Meets are held on Thursdays and divisions include:
Freestyle, Breast Stroke, Back Stroke, Butterfly Stroke, Medley, & Free Relays,
and Individual Medley. Practice is 7:30-9:30 am M-TH.
Diving: Meets will be held on Tuesdays. Two different dives will be
performed. Practice is 9:30-10:50 M-TH.
*6 Meets per season (June-July) are held along with a Championship Meet (swim and dive) and an All-Star Meet (swim and dive).
FEE: $50/child, $45/2nd child & $40/3rd child or more within the same family
|Aquatic Center Shelter Reservation Form|
|Aquatic Center Rental|
|Aquatic Center Admission Appeal Form|
|2016 Pool Membership Form|
|2016 Swim Lessons Form|
|2016 Parent/Child Swim Lesson Form|
|2016 Hammerheads Registration Form|