- City Administration
- Stations and Apparatus
- Announcements, News & Events
- Recruitment and Membership
- Public Education
- Fire Prevention
- Public Services
- Staff Directory
- Hours of Operation
- Nature Park & Shelter Reservations
- Park Directory
- Parks and Recreation Programs
- World of Golf
- Florence Family Aquatic Center
- Trail System
- Skate Park
- Pooch Festival Registration
- Pooch Festival Booth Registration Form
- Halloween Night Out Sponsor Form
- Halloween Night Out Spooky Station Form
- Safe Sitter Registration Form
- Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony Holiday Sponsor Form
- Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony Holiday Station Form
- Memorial Day Parade Form
- Memorial Day Military Display Form
- Aquatic Center Membership Daily Admission Appeal Form
- Independence Day Food Booth Form
- Make a Comment?
Are you interested in being a fire fighter for the City of Florence?
Florence Fire/EMS Department is a combination department, meaning the department is made up of career and volunteer firefighters. All department personnel must be at least 21 years of age, possess a high school diploma or GED, have a valid driver’s license, be free from felony conviction and successfully pass a drug screening. Florence Fire/EMS Department accepts applications anytime for career and volunteer positions. Applications can be obtained at our Headquarters located at 1152 Weaver Road, M-F 0800-1630.
Career Fire Fighter
Florence Fire/EMS tests annually to establish a pool of qualified candidates for consideration in future hirings. In addition to the requirements listed above, career applicants must hold a Kentucky 150-hour Firefighter Certification or an equivalent IFSAC, Pro-Board or similar certification. Applicants must hold a current Kentucky or National EMT Basic or Paramedic certification. Although not required to apply, applicants must possess a current Candidate Physical Agility Test (CPAT) card in order to be offered a position. For information regarding CPAT please reference the Kentucky Fire Commission:
or contact Rick Larkins, at 859.753-7282, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteer Fire Fighter
Florence Fire/EMS Department maintains an active volunteer staff. In addition to responding to significant incidents our volunteer members staff an engine company several evenings per week and/or can schedule to ride with our career staff. Selected applicants will be notified when open positions are available. Prior fire fighting experience is preferred but not required for volunteer applicants. Interested individuals should complete and submit a Fire/EMS Volunteer Application.