- City Administration
- Public Services
- Staff Directory
- Hours of Operation
- Nature Park & Shelter Reservations
- Park Directory
- Parks and Recreation Programs
- World of Golf
- Florence Family Aquatic Center
- Trail System
- Skate Park
- Pooch Festival Registration
- Pooch Festival Booth Registration Form
- Halloween Night Out Spooky Station Form
- Halloween Night Out Sponsor Form
- Safe Sitter Registration Form
- Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony Holiday Sponsor Form
- Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony Holiday Station Form
- Memorial Day Parade Form
- Memorial Day Military Display Form
- Aquatic Center Membership Daily Admission Appeal Form
- Independence Day Food Booth Form
- Make a Comment?
Florence Fire/EMS Department is dedicated to ensuring residents and visitors have a safe place to live, work or visit. Several goals have been establish to provide protection for citizens and visitors. These goals are to prevent fire, to ensure buildings are safe to occupy, to ensure proper egress is always available, to make certain fire protection systems are in place and maintained and to determine the origin and cause of fires so they can be prevented in the future. These goals are achieved by assuring that newly constructed buildings are designed with correct fire protection and life safety systems built into them and that existing buildings are properly maintained and remain compliant with all applicable life safety and fire protection requirements. For new construction projects the Fire Marshal’s office works closely with the Building Department to reviews plans and perform inspections to ensure the buildings and life safety features are installed as required. In addition, fire department inspectors conduct routine fire prevention and life safety inspections of existing buildings.
The Fire Marshal’s office also manages programs such as an annual smoke detector blitz and rapid entry key box system. Additional information regarding smoke detectors can be found here. Florence Fire/EMS Department recommends that all commercial occupancies purchase and install a rapid entry key box. Information regarding these key boxes can be found here.
All other fire prevention and life safety matters should be directed to Fire Marshal Robert Krebs.